The Lord didn't give my blood sisters. That was something I wanted so bad as I was growing up. I saw the Ovard girls and wanted to be one of them. All I had was brothers who I didn't feel liked me very much. At times I still don't feel they like me very much.
Anyway I do have sisters it has taken me time to find them but I have.
First the Ovard Girls. I can go for months on end without talking with them but I know if I call they will drop what they are doing to help me. Then I have Chris(sis) we became friends in high school we got into a lot of trouble and had a fun time doing it. She has been in and out of my life for over 20 years now and I am truly blessed to have her in my life. Cami we have been friends for the last 11 years. She has to be a sister a friend wouldn't put up with me the way she dose. Tammy I became friends with when we worked in cub scouts. She now lives out of state love seeing her when she is home and I call her for help more often then not. Shanon also from cub scouts, she knows me so well she gets me and she helps me be a better person. Rory again from high school. We don't see eye to eye but I love her just the same as the others I have named.
I also have the sisters that the Lord gave me when I married and when my brothers married. So I do have sisters it just didn't happen as a child. I think I am blessed for the woman who have become my sisters in my heart. I don't know that I would love a blood sister anymore then I do the woman I have named.
I am sure I have forgotten someone and that I will find more sisters along the way. I hope I can lift all of them when they need me. That they feel my love for them during the fun giggle times and the times when we are crying our eyes out over the hard times in life.
I hope that Liz will find strong woman in her life that become her sisters as she was not blessed with one in her youth.
4 comments:
"Friends are the family you choose for yourself." I think that is a quote that goes well with this post. Family is just SOOOO much more than blood! Love you!
Love ya sis! You know I feel the same.
Wait, that was from Tammy, not David. Although he likes you too. LOL
Thanks for being my SIS. Love you!!!
Post a Comment